In early 2009 the Village Hall underwent a substantial refurbishment. The building was completely rewired to modern safety standards; an accessible WC provided, new fire exit, refurbished wash rooms, new lighting and heaters. The kitchen has been refitted and new flooring provided in the service areas. The original "Victorian Gothic" features have been retained and the original hall floor has been carefully sanded and resealed. All areas have been redecorated, with new curtains to complement the furniture purchased in the first phase of the renovation. The refurbishment of the hall has been carried out sympathetically in order to maintain its wonderful character in the heart of the village and is now an ideal venue for all events and those special occasions.
For booking please ring Sue Donald ring 01728 663349
To see or print the Village Hall Hiring agreement please click here
The Village Hall used to be the village school until the school moved to what is now known as Walnut Tree Lodge in the late 1960's. The school subsequently closed in the 1970's.
Education for all did not become compulsory until the Education Acts of 1870 so Rendham must have been a very progressive place when the school was built by 'public subscription' in 1841.
When the school moved and the building became the Village Hall, it was decided that it would be managed jointly by the Parish Council, who act as Custodial Trustees, and the management Committee who are the Management Trustees.
Regular Events at the Village Hall