A National School was opened in 1841 (extending Thomas Neal's Free School) in what is now the Village Hall, later moved to a property in Bruisyard Road in 1913 and most villagers were involved in agriculture in some way, either as farm workers, farmers or horticulturalists. The first 11 pictures were donated by Kenneth Cobb who found them when he moved into a property in Framlingham owned by a Mrs Gosling who was born in Sweffling and went to the school. Mr Allen (certificate shown) was Head Teacher for many years. Many of the pictures have no dates if know any of them or people in the pictures we would love to know. Maybe Mr Allen's first class as it is dated 1898, not sure if he came as Headmaster or was a teacher first. He taught at Rendham until 1930, and his wife until 1935. Their daughter Margaret was also a teacher.